eCommerce Marketplace Integration – Why Your Business Absolutely Needs It!
As an increasing number of companies turn to online sales channels, the need to integrate their back-end systems with customer-facing platforms has increased drastically. eCommerce Integration gives businesses the edge with speed and scalability.
The past couple of years have brought in an unprecedented surge in online sales through digital channels. So much so that in the US alone, B2B sales through digital channels shot up by 9.6%, from USD 9.06 trillion in 2019 to USD 9.92 trillion in 2020 (Digital Commerce 360). On the B2C front, the jump was equally impressive. In 2020, B2C online sales spiked to USD 861.12 billion; a whopping 44% more than 2019 (Digital Commerce 360). This astronomical increase in online customers has created a feeding frenzy amongst companies, especially the small and midsized ones.
With this surge comes the need for higher efficiency in data exchange between internal and external systems and channels. Traditional methods of handling this data exchange are far too time-consuming, repetitive, and prone to errors. Businesses now need systems that allow them to deliver products and information to their customers faster. They need equally reliable means to provide internal teams access to and visibility of data across touchpoints. And this is where eCommerce integration has proven to be a gamechanger!
eCommerce integration allows companies to link their digital channels with internal systems and data sources for automated, accurate, and speedy exchange of information. This means that any update or change in one system (example: inventory update on the website) will automatically reflect in real-time across systems (example: inventory update on ERP or CRM).
Here are a few reasons why eCommerce Integration is necessary for digital growth:
- Increased accuracy: The elimination of manual intervention automatically results in better data quality. This translates to a better customer experienceThe elimination of manual intervention automatically results in better data quality. This translates to a better customer experience.
- Enhanced inventory management: As automatic updates reflect across systems, customers get inventory updates on the fly, and so do inventory teams. Despite the presence of multiple sales channels, these updates help teams track inventory in real-time and predict sales levels and seasonal adjustments.
- Optimized operations: With integration, multiple departments get access to the most up-to-date operating data which helps trigger order alerts in a timely fashion and eliminate delays.
- Content updates: Content updates made to one system automatically reflects on other systems as well. The elimination of manual updates means that customers get the most up-to-date content instantaneously.
- Elimination of duplication: Automatic updates ensure that multiple teams do not need to make updates individually in their systems, hence providing enormous effort- and time-saving benefits.
- Improvement in marketing efforts: eCommerce integration enables marketing teams to access prospective customers, sales, and other information in multiple formats. This equips them with accurate and reliable intelligence for future campaigns. The same data can also be used to improve product design and other facets of the customer experience.
- Accelerated time-to-market: With seamless data transformation and updation across systems, products can be made available to customers at an accelerated pace. Not only does this improve customer experience, but it also gives businesses the edge over competition.
- Improved customer experience & revenue: All of the above factors put together organically improve customer experience. From product information to shipping updates, customers get timely and reliable information, which, in turn, enhances the overall buying journey. The eventual outcome of this improvement also leads to a boost in sales.
Amaze PXM Makes Integration Simple!
For eCommerce integration to succeed, it must be well planned and executed. And this is just what Amaze PXM brings to the table. Enabling fast and easy integration with 40+ eCommerce platforms and distribution channels like Grainger, Fastenal, Amazon, Walmart, Shopify etc; Amaze PXM enables your business to gain the digital edge! With Amaze PXM, you can improve team’s efficiency, simplify operations and gain control in omnichannel ecosystems to create better digital shopping experiences.